Saturday, August 16, 2008

Eyelash Growth Products

I was out on the web looking for something else and came across something really interesting about a round up of Eyelash Growth products and a little good or bad about them. Wow I had no idea!
If she is correct and I think she is, quite a few of the major players out there with eyelash growth products all have a ingredient that isn't something to be messing around with.

"Jan Marini Age Intervention Eyelash Conditioner: It contained prostaglandin (an analogue to be precise), a powerful drug used to treat glaucoma. The positive side effect is that it makes your eyelashes darker, thicker and longer. Bad side effects can include burning/itching and change of eye color."

So I googled it: And found out what "prostaglandin" is and what it for:

Clinical uses

Synthetic prostaglandins are used:

From: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prostaglandin

Do I understand all that? No but I do understand that if an ingredient being used for Glaucoma is in a eyelash growth product, I don't want anything to do with it! And its FDA drug and you need FDA ok to be using it anything, including eyelash growth products. At least you would think right? I don't knock companies trying to give you what you want, a product that grows your lashes. Me? I think I would rather use something I know that has natural fibers and doesn't go on my lashes at night and sits there while I sleep. AND doesn't cost $100.00 plus. Magic Lash at least is something I can use everyday and not have to worry about it.
Read here if its something you might be interested in:
Magic Lash Eyelash Enhancer
Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments: