Thursday, January 09, 2014

Going Dairy-Free? Looking for Ideas of what to do?

When I was a child we lived for a few years on a little tiny farm. We had rabbits, chickens, a lamb and even a pony! We also had goats. We didn't drink cow milk we drank goats milk and my job was milking them. Anyway the reason why I brought that up is, I know and understand just how good goats milk is for your insides and your skin. Now I am a totally dairy-free person, I can't eat beef either :( No steaks for me, I have gone totally dairy-free and its not as hard as you might think. Why go dairy-free? I get sick to my stomach when I eat or drink anything with a milk protein in it. For real, and not because I read the label and see the milk protein I don't have to, for me to get a bad reaction to it. Once I got so bad I had to go the ER!! Yes because of dairy. :( I think one of the hardest things when you go dairy free is to go without cheese. And I swear these days there is cheese in everything! Like cheese with cheese! I know that seems over-done but it seems that way. In fact I found this great book on Amazon today that you can buy with lots of dairy-free recipes! Now if you enjoy pizza like we do there is even a dairy free cheese you can get that is made with rice that works just as good as mozzarella does! In fact it melts just like it would. We get our pizza from Papa Murphy's your take and bake kind. You can ask for no cheese and then add your cheese when you get home. It does melt great and I even fooled my sons and their friends with it. Now that is a great way to tell a item!! If you are thinking about going dairy-free its not as tough as you might think. Look for other items like goats milk, or sheep's milk in yogurts if you miss the texture you are used to having. It will take a lot of testing for you to find what works for you. But just by cutting out cheese from your diet can help with our weight as well. I am no doctor, but once I cut out cheese my weight went down. And its been the same as I was in high school for 10 years now. Why? Because cheese items are usually junk food anyway, and what does your doctor say about junk food? Try going dairy free for one week and then come back and tell me how you did.

No comments: